15.10.07

Ode to Pyne Farms





I just wanted to take a second and say how thankful i am for being raised they way i was. I am so lucky to have a dad that was/is a fruit farmer (and a chemist actually). I can honestly say that i don't know anyone else who's dad was. Although it was and is a lot of hard work and labor entensive hours; i think it has benifited our family so much in teaching us hard work, perseveriance, patience and a love of the outdoors and everything living. Not to mention being able to run heavy equipment and have the best bonfires. Although it may sound silly i miss picking cherries and selling apples, especially this time of year. It is always an adventure at the Pyne home.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I remember being so sad that you couldn't hang out cuz you had to sleep. I always wondered how the heck you could stay up all night working. I never thought I would be doing it some day.

Jaime Stephens said...

so speaking of farming... I think your grandpa was in the paper with his apples.. I know random but I remember when you sold apples for him

Unknown said...

I just love it when girls can drive tractors. It's just such a practical skill.