24.11.09

LIGHTING STRIKES


This past week we have been through some of the hardest times of our lives. After a procedure gone bad, I had to be rushed to the ER for an emergency surgery due to abdominal pain and fainting. After this big hill had been been climbed I immediately had to climb a mountain. Due to complications with the surgery I was feeling worse not better, they called for a cat scan, the results lead to another emergency operation. Looking back on the second surgery I can honestly say that the surgeon saved my life (and took a piece of me with him). It has been and is going to be a long and hard process. All of the medical professionals have left us with many unanswered questions, telling us that "You were just struck by lighting 3 days in a row." Not wanting to put anyone or anything at fault. I arrived to the comforts of my own home last night after two surgery's and a procedure in a pare tree. My parents are here to care for me and help out. It has been such a blessing to have them.

Thank you for all of the love, support, phone calls, flowers, e-mails, prayers, good vibes, and kindness. It has left us with overwhelming feelings of gratefulness. We apologize for any delayed responses to any and all concerned, but please know we are grateful and our hearts are full. It is pretty humbling to think of the daily things we are blessed with that were once taken for granted. Such as being able to walk on your own, lift your own body and parts at your own will, being able to just take good deep breath, eating, even going #1 and #2's by yourself. It will be a slow road to recovery, but I feel as though I am on the up and up's.

Song compliments of Aubs Trinny*

17 comments:

AWS said...

We love you guys.

Mrs. Bywater said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well. Get well soon dearie. You were always my favorite

jordan said...

Get well soon!

meli said...

I'm so glad you're home! I'm sorry things have been so rotten for y'all. You are a fighter and have such a good attitude, I know you'll make it through this with flying colors! If you need anything at all, please let us know. I know you're in good hands with your parents and Cardon. We love you! Sawyer sends you lots of slobbery kisses and a few cute booty shakes too : )

Lindsay said...

I've been thinking about you every day and have been praying for you. I'm so sorry KP but I'm glad you are doing better. Let me know if I can do anything for you. I can't beat your mom's soup but I can send you some Macy's chocolate chips :)

steph heartjustin said...

KP- I don't know any of the details, but I know that you are a fighter.. My heart sunk reading the post. Hope that all is well and knowing you I'm sure that you will be back in no time at all. How about some good old crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips.

akdoxey said...

Kelly, I really wish we were there to make you meals, keep you company, and help take care of you. You are in our prayers, I hope no more storms come your way. We love you.

Bianca said...

Ahh, Kelly, you are far more amazing than me! I can't imagine what you have gone through. We have been praying for you guys and would love to do anything to help if possible. Please let us know. We might just bring something by that we have for you. Let us know when might be a good time. xoxo

sunjoo said...

sending good vibes your way! feel better soon, kelly!

ferardandy said...

i have no idea what happened, but i can't imagine how scared you must have been! i hope all is well now? i'm so sorry.

mb said...

I hope you get better soon! I'm sorry we didn't know! We are no-good friends.

Ashleigh said...

we love you, get better!!!

Jared said...

We sent a couple P's up on high for you. I hope they help.

chelsea b james said...

kelly
how are you doing? i am so sorry to hear about the bad news. wipe a tear. i wish you were in utah so we could come over and help you out. Whats your address? i would love to send you something. i hope you feel better. your in our prayers

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Hey,
My heart broke when I read this. I hope you are o.k. and that your spirits return. Thinking of you...

jmb said...

Oh no! Chels read this today and told me about it. I'm so sorry to hear it - but I'm so glad you are around to tell the tale. From the sounds of it we're lucky you are! Hope you're healing well and please oh please let me know if there is anything I could do to help!

Jaime Stephens said...

Ahh KP I hope you are feeling better!!!! I love and and am so sad you are having to go through all of this!! Keep us posted iwth updates. Get well soon!